The 2018 Hudson Bay Summit was held in Montreal from February 27th to March 1st, 2018.
Following a long history of efforts by communities, organizations and interested parties in the greater James Bay and Hudson Bay region towards sharing knowledge and coordinated environmental stewardship, the inaugural Hudson Bay Summit brought together these groups to formally create the Hudson Bay Consortium and move forward on activities and outcomes for environmental stewardship including Communications, Protected Areas, Coastal Restoration and Environmental Monitoring. The 2018 Summit built on discussions at the East Hudson Bay/James Bay Regional Roundtable and the Western Hudson Bay Roundtable.
REPORT & VIDEO
- Formally establish the Hudson Bay Consortium through signing of Terms of Reference
- Establish Consortium working groups on key themes
- Deliver a report on priorities for coordination of protected areas efforts across jurisdictions
- Deliver a report on regional priorities for community-driven research and monitoring of climate and environmental change indicators
- Deliver a report on issues affecting coastal ecosystems and priorities for restoration
- Raise public awareness on the importance of the greater Hudson Bay / James Bay region
- Delivery of a working document on priorities and next steps for the Hudson Bay Consortium
- Improve networking, communications and access to reports and information of ongoing activities throughout the Greater Hudson Bay / James Bay region